Cyberknife Radiosurgery System at World Class Hospital in India
World’s Most Advanced Technology to treat tumors with pin-point accuracy and precisely deliver treatment to the tumor alone, sparing surrounding healthy tissue.
A new hope for patients who have inoperable or surgically complex tumors, or who may be looking for a non-surgical option.Cyberknife radiosurgery is a non –invasive, high-energy radiation treatment that delivers very precise beams of radiation from many angles outside the body. The accuracy of Cyberknife is so precise that radiation can be ‘matched’ to the shape of small complex tumors, even those located near critical organs. This ability allows Cyberknife to treat many lesions including some considered inoperable or untreatable with surgery.
How Cyberknife Radiosurgery works ?
CyberKnife System uses image guidance software to track and continually adjust treatment for any patient or tumor movement. This sets it far ahead of other similar treatments. It allows patients to breathe normally and relax comfortably during treatment. The Cyberknife integrates two highly advanced technologies:
– An image-guidance system tracks and verifies tumor locations and enables automatic compensation for patient movement during treatment delivery. This system eliminates the need for an invasive head frame.
– A multi –jointed robotic arm with six degrees of freedom provides exceptional maneuverability in targeting tumors. A high-energy X-ray source mounted on a robotic arm precisely locates the position of tumor in the body and delivers pinpoint radiation from more than 1200 angles with sub-millimeter accuracy.
– The Cyberknife accuracy represents a major advance in radiosurgery. Digital radiographic images of anatomical features or implanted fiducials are used to precisely target the radiation. The focused radiation beams converge at the tumor to maximize the amount of radiation that reaches the tumor and minimize exposure surrounding health tissue.
What can the Cyberknife treat?
The CyberKnife Robotic Radiosurgery System is FDA approved, non-invasive alternative to surgery for the treatment of both cancerous and non-cancerous tumors anywhere in the body, including the prostate, lung, brain, spine, liver, pancreas and kidney. To date, more than 100,000 patients have been treated and more than 150 systems are installed worldwide.
- – Primary & Metastatic Brain Tumors.
- – Spine Cancer.
- – Spinal Cord Tumors.
- – Soft Tissue Tumors (Lung, Kidney, Liver, Pancreas).
- – Acoustic Neuromas.
- – Meningiomas & Skull-base Tumors.
- – Pituitary Tumors.
- – Recurrent & Residual Tumors.
- – Arteriovenous Malformations (AVMs).
- – Functional Disorders, such as Trigeminal Neuralgia.
What are the advantages of Cyberknife Radiosurgery Treatment ?
- Extremely accurate radiation targeting means higher doses of radiation can be used, offering the patient a better chance for cure
- Treats hard-to-reach tumors, many that may have been diagnosed as inoperable
- Tumors receive radiation from many angles, minimizing damage to healthy tissue
- Continually checks and compensates for any movement made during treatments, ensuring accuracy
- Requires no metal head frame or skull pins
- Eliminates risks related to surgery, including potential infection, complication from anesthesia, and post-operative bleeding
- Requires no recovery time; most treatments are done on an outpatient basis
- Patients undergo their treatment quickly, usually in just 1 to 5 sessions, and immediately resume normal daily activities.
- Reduces pain
- Requires no or minimal sedation
How To get Started ? Get a Free Expert Opinion from Top Medical Specialists in India ?
Your case would be reviewed by best Specialists in India and an Expert Opinion with Treatment cost Estimate shall be sent to you with in 2 working days.