Dr Rakesh Chopra
HOD , MBBS, MD, 24+ years of experience
Dr. Rakesh Chopra is Director – Medical Oncology & Haematology at Artemis Hospitals.
A nationally and internationally renowned Medical Oncologist, Dr. Rakesh Chopra is one of the pioneers of Medical Oncology in India. He received his undergraduate degree from Delhi University, a post graduate degree in Medicine from the Armed Forces Medical College, Pune, India and his Oncology training from leading institutions –The Tata Memorial Hospital Mumbai, Memorial Sloan Kettering Institute, New York and the Jewish Long Island Hospital, New York.
He then joined Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, Delhi in 1981 and gradually built up a Medical Oncology department in the Hospital. While recognizing great opportunities to advance his knowledge and treatment of cancer, Dr. Chopra decided to specialize in cancer research and treatment, determined to make a meaningful difference in the lives of those faced with the condition. He worked at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital for 18 years, before he set out to establish the Oncology wing of Apollo Hospital, Delhi. He was the Academic Co coordinator for the DNB program (Oncology) at Apollo Hospital, Delhi.
His overall vision is to make sure his patients get the best in Oncology care at par with the best in the world. Dedication to patients is foremost to Dr. Chopra who says that each patient of his teaches him the true value of life.
- Undergraduate degree from Delhi University.
- Post graduate degree in Medicine from the Armed Forces Medical College, Pune, India.
- Oncology training from leading institutions –The Tata Memorial Hospital Mumbai, Memorial Sloan Kettering Institute, New York and the Jewish Long Island Hospital, New York.
- The International Affairs Committee of the American Society of Clinical Oncology.
- He has been on the Editorial board of the Journal of Clinical Oncology.
- More recently he has been appointed as Hon. Adjunct Professor, Internal Medicine, and University of Nebraska.
- Medical Center Nebraska’s Health Science Center.
Please send to us recent medical reports by WhatsApp or Email and we shall get you a Free, No Obligation Opinion from India’s Best Doctors.
- WhatsApp – You can take a picture of the medical reports with your phone camera and send to us by on +91 98 9999 3637
- Email to us at [email protected]