Dr Pawan Gupta
MBBS, MS – General Surgery, MCh – Surgical Oncology
Surgical Oncologist, 23 Years Experience
Dr Pawan Gupta is presently working as an Associate Director of Surgical Oncology department at Jaypee Hospital and has a keen interest in developing head and neck, breast and thoracic sub-speciality unit. Dr. Gupta successfully completed MBBS and MS (General Surgery) from SCB Medical College, Cuttack and MCh (Surgical Oncology) from Gujarat Cancer Research Institute, Ahmedabad. Following which he undertook a Fellowship program at Royal College of Surgeons, Glasgow, UK and several other hands-on training programs under mentors of national and global repute.
To his credit, there are high volume of cancer surgeries, more than 5000 in his extensive medical career of 18 years. These surgeries include COMMANDOS surgery with ITF clearance, voice preservation laryngectomies, thyroidectomies, radical and conservative parotidectomies, parathyroidectomies, breast radical and conservative procedure including sentinel node biopsy, breast reconstructions, chemoports, esophagectomies, colorectal surgeries, pneumonectomies, radical hysterectomies and urogenital procedures.
Dr Pawan Gupta oncologist is also associated in Telemedicine and is working on multi-centre Telescreening project for chronic diseases. He has also played an active role in medical education while imparting training to aspiring oncosurgeons. Dr Pawan Gupta has authored a book ‘Win over tobacco – Made Easy’ which has been translated in the Hindi language besides contributing a chapter on ‘Management of Thyroid Disorders’ in the book – Family Medicine 2nd Edition. The doctor also introduced the concept of ‘Win Over Cancer’ as against just ‘Fight Against Cancer’ – a positive approach to cancer proposed at the Livestrong Global Summit, Dublin in August 2009.
- MBBS – S.C.B. Medical College, Cuttack
- MS (Surgery) – S.C.B. Medical College, Cuttack
- FRCS – Royal College of Surgeons, Glasgow
- M.Ch. (Surgical Oncology) – B.J. Medical College, Ahmedabad, Gujarat University
- Head & Senior Consultant – Surgical Oncology, Asian Institute of Medical Sciences
- Sr. Consultant – SMH, Curie Cancer Centre, Delhi
- Sr. Consultant – Surgical Oncology. The Dharamshila Cancer Hospital, Delhi
- Associate Professor – Department of Onco Suregry – Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences
- Special Onco Surgery Training – Tata Memorial Cancer Hospital, Mumbai
Accomplishment / Awards:
- More than 7,000 Cancer Surgeries with an experience of 18 years
- ICD Special Award by International College of Dental Surgeons, 25th March 2007
- First in Poster Presentation – National Cancer Congress 2005, Delhi
- Chapter on Family Medicine in Book “management of Thyroid Disorders”
- More than 30 published papers national & International.
Area Of Interest:
Please send to us recent medical reports by WhatsApp or Email and we shall get you a Free, No Obligation Opinion from India’s Best Doctors.
- WhatsApp – You can take a picture of the medical reports with your phone camera and send to us by on +91 98 9999 3637
- Email to us at [email protected]