Cervical Cancer Treatment at World Class Cancer Hospitals in India
What is Cervical Cancer?
How is Colon Cancer detected?
Most cervical cancers (80 to 90 percent) are Squamous cell cancers. Adenocarcinoma is the second most common type of cervical cancer, accounting for the remaining 10 to 20 percent of cases. Adenocarcinoma develops from the glands that produce mucus in the endocervix. While less common than squamous cell carcinoma, the incidence of adenocarcinoma is on the rise, particularly in younger women. Most cervical cancer is caused by a virus called human papillomavirus, or HPV. You can get HPV by having sexual contact with someone who has it. There are many types of the HPV virus. Not all types of HPV cause cervical cancer. Some of them cause genital warts, but other typesmay not cause any symptoms. Post a Query
Major types of Cervical Cancer Treatment are
Surgery : to remove the cancer. The type of surgery needed depends on the location and extent of cervical cancer and whether you want to have children. There are Various surgeries to treat early cervical cancer are:
- Laser Surgery : Laser surgery is a procedure that uses a laser beam (a narrow beam of intense light) as a knife to make bloodless cuts in tissue or to remove a surface lesion such as a tumor.
- Loop Electrosurgical Excision Procedure (LEEP). In this procedure, Gyneconcologist uses a wire loop to pass electrical current, which cuts diseased tissue from the cervix.
- Conization : Conization, also called a cone biopsy, is a procedure that is used to remove a cone-shaped piece of tissue from the cervix and cervical canal. A pathologist will view the tissue under a microscope to look for cancer cells.
- Hysterectomy : In a hysterectomy, the uterus and cervix are removed. The ovaries and fallopian tubes or pelvic lymph nodes may be taken out during the same operation, but this isn't a part of every hysterectomy.
- Lymphadenectomy : In a lymphadenectomy, Gyneconcologist removes the lymph nodes that drain the cervix. Request a Call Back
Chemotherapy : Chemotherapy is prescribed to treat cervical cancer and also to help radiation therapy be more effective. Chemotherapy drugs work by killing cancer cells or preventing them from multiplying. Several chemotherapy drugs are available to treat cervical cancer and will be prescribed according to the stage of cancer, type of cervical cancer, and other health factors.
Radiation therapy : Radiation therapy uses high energy beams to reduce the size of a tumor or to kill cancer cells. This type of treatment can be done internally with radioactive materials that are implanted in the uterus or externally with the use of a radiation therapy machines.
Diagnosis of Cervical Cancer
- Pap Test. Cervical Cone Biopsy (Conization)
- HPV DNA Test
- Examine your Cervix
- Take a Sample of Cervical Cells
- Remove a Cone-Shaped Area of Cervical Cells
Contact us for a Free No Obligation Opinion and Cost Estimate for Medical Treatment from Top Doctors in India
Please scan and email your medical reports for a Free, No Obligation Opinion from India's leading Surgeons/ Specialist Doctors at India's Best Hospitals with in 48 Hours of receipt.
- Email to us [email protected]
- WhatsApp - Or you can take a picture of the medical reports with your phone camera and send to us by Whatsapp on +91 98 9999 3637
Invaluable Benefits you will get from BestCancerHospitalIndia.com
- By emailing to us your medical reports, we will forward them to at least 3 leading hospitals in India who have the best expertise for your case. We ensure that you get expert opinions and competitive treatment cost estimates from top hospitals in 2 working days.
- We do not collect any service fee from patients. You will directly pay the hospitals after you arrive in India and will deal directly with the hospital.
- Complimentary non medical support services like airport pick on arrival, valuable advice on how to obtain India Medical Visa and Economical local stay post hospitalisation.