World’s Most Advanced Technology to treat tumors with pin-point accuracy and precisely deliver treatment to the tumor alone, sparing surrounding healthy tissue.
A new hope for patients who have inoperable or surgically complex tumors, or who may be looking for a non-surgical option.Cyberknife radiosurgery is a non –invasive, high-energy radiation treatment that delivers very precise beams of radiation from many angles outside the body. The accuracy of Cyberknife is so precise that radiation can be 'matched' to the shape of small complex tumors, even those located near critical organs. This ability allows Cyberknife to treat many lesions including some considered inoperable or untreatable with surgery.
How Cyberknife Radiosurgery works ?
CyberKnife System uses image guidance software to track and continually adjust treatment for any patient or tumor movement. This sets it far ahead of other similar treatments. It allows patients to breathe normally and relax comfortably during treatment. The Cyberknife integrates two highly advanced technologies:
- An image-guidance system tracks and verifies tumor locations and enables automatic compensation for patient movement during treatment delivery. This system eliminates the need for an invasive head frame.
- A multi –jointed robotic arm with six degrees of freedom provides exceptional maneuverability in targeting tumors. A high-energy X-ray source mounted on a robotic arm precisely locates the position of tumor in the body and delivers pinpoint radiation from more than 1200 angles with sub-millimeter accuracy.
- The Cyberknife accuracy represents a major advance in radiosurgery. Digital radiographic images of anatomical features or implanted fiducials are used to precisely target the radiation. The focused radiation beams converge at the tumor to maximize the amount of radiation that reaches the tumor and minimize exposure surrounding health tissue.
What can the Cyberknife treat?
The CyberKnife Robotic Radiosurgery System is FDA approved, non-invasive alternative to surgery for the treatment of both cancerous and non-cancerous tumors anywhere in the body, including the prostate, lung, brain, spine, liver, pancreas and kidney. To date, more than 100,000 patients have been treated and more than 150 systems are installed worldwide.
- Primary & Metastatic Brain Tumors
- Spine Cancer
- Spinal Cord Tumors
- Soft Tissue Tumors ( Lung, Kidney, Liver, Pancreas )
- Acoustic Neuromas
- Meningiomas & Skull-base Tumors
- Pituitary Tumors
- Recurrent & Residual Tumors
- Arteriovenous Malformations ( AVMs )
- Functional Disorders, such as Trigeminal Neuralgia
What are the advantages of Cyberknife Radiosurgery Treatment ?
Painless Treatment: There is no pain associated with radiation treatment delivered by Cyberknife Radiosurgery system.
Frameless: The ability of Cyberknife to correct for patient movement during treatment eliminates the pain and inconveniences associated with the rigid metal head frame used with other stereotactic techniques.
Full body capability: Cyberknife's unique design allows treatment of tumors or lesions throughout the body, an entirely new approach for radiosurgery. Radiation treatment can be administered to the brain and spine, as well as soft tissues such as the lungs, liver, kidney and other organs.
Outpatient treatment: The Cyberknife treatment greatly reduces the risk of complications and lenghty recovery time associated with traditional surgery. Cyberknife can also perform 'staged' radiosurgery – where the total radiation dose is divided into two to five smaller doses over several days. This is particularly beneficial for treating larger tumors or those near sensitive areas, because it better protects surrounding tissue. After treatment, most patients can return home and resume normal activities.
Write to us for a Free No Obligation Opinion and Cost Estimate for Cyberknife RadioSurgery from Top Doctors in India